BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Good Ol' Church Folk

I have always heard that "church folk are some of the worst folk." Question is, do the church folk know or even care how they are being perceived? Seems to me that "Christians" are spending too much of their saying they're saintly and acting the complete opposite and then sit back and wonder why so-called "sinners" refuse to step foot inside a church. What distinguishes the church from the world when the pastor is an alcoholic, the deacon beats his wife, the choir director is a queen and the church mother is getting her swerve on with the next door neighbor? And how is the light of Christ suppose to shine when adultery, fornication, profanity, jealousy and inconsistency on a grand scale lives, thrives and reproduces in the church? Don't get me wrong, I understand that we are all human and even though we walk by faith and proclaim the good news of Jesus, we err and fall into the weakness of our flesh. However, we aren't supposed to dwell in it, and act like we aren't doing it, yet talk about and judge someone who is openly admitting their faults and/or flaws. Personally, I think the church and Christians are trying to portray that being "saved" means you are perfect and have no sin. Let me tell you I am a saint in progress, a sinner in recovery and that is not where I am or want to be; being perfect is unattainable and isn't what having a relationship with God is all about. God is here to teach us love, faith and to help our fellow man and do our best to live a life that is acceptable unto Him, and not just on Sunday or on Easter! In my opinion, being saved is about admitting that you are flawed, and also understanding that through a personal relationship with Christ, those flaws are minimized. Somewhere along the line, Christians forgot that being saved involved actually having a relationship with God and allowing Him to control and operate our lives, not walking around seeing how well we can hide our sins. I am striving to live a life more spiritually in tune with God, but I am human; I use profanity from time to time, I love to hunch and keep a "friend" for when my bed gets lonely (He is working in me on that daily) and I like to go out and toss back a few with the girls and get lifted from time to time. But I am not content to live my life that way and accept those weaknesses in my life; I daily ask God to keep me in His will that as I grow in Him less of my flesh man will interfere with my spiritual man and my life can emulate His in the best way I can. Being identified   as the hypocrites should be a slur to the ears of Christians, but I guess the Church is too busy judging each other and everybody else to actually focus on living a pleasing and acceptable life unto God. Maybe playing a role is okay for some, but I'm trying (believe me it is very hard and my flesh is weak) to make positive changes and improvements in my life that will allow me to show the hand of God on my life and also compel a sinner to live their life in a more pleasing manner unto God.  Because something tells me God is not sitting up on His throne with a glass of Crown and Coke talking about scooping up lil shawty and rolling back to His mansion to get laid, and I seriously doubt Gabriel is up there beating on Mary and using the Bible to justify his actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment