BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 29, 2011

We Are Crabs Because Why Again?

So, apparently I missed the memo: unity is a thing of the past in the Black community. Somewhere along the line, it become socially acceptable to stab each other in the back and beat down our brotha or sista in order to obtain our own success. You would think that after years of slavery, oppression and opposition, we would have learned how to stick together and unite to do great things. Apparently I thought wrong; it's a shame that a people descended from royalty and greatness have been reduced to acting like selfish, jealous, immature idiots!! Since I moved to Augusta, I have seen nothing but overwhelming displays of the crab mentality; from photographers talking about one another, to club owners competing for business, hell even the poetry scene is being bogged down by idiots trying to determine who has the biggest dick swing; yeah this is ridamndiculous!! I want to say that the church is the only place that still retains common sense, but even there I've seen ignorance; show boating from the choir and trying to steal God's spotlight with that pathetic attempt at singing, umm chile please!! Maybe it's because this is a smaller, slower paced city and negativity is more noticeable because of that, but I can only imagine the greatness we as Black people could achieve if we worked together instead of against one another. I mean really, why are we the only race that attacks our own rather than stand together against those trying to destroy us? It used to be we had to worry about the White man attacking and killing us because of racism and bigotry, now it's our own kind killing each other out of jealousy and ignorance. Call it wishful thinking, but I want us to get it together, and I think we can do that. Unfortunately, I believe we may have to destroy ourselves before we come to that conclusion and make an honest change...

No comments:

Post a Comment