BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Is a good man really that hard to find?

I moved to Augusta in September of 2009, and let me tell you, I have encountered some very interesting men when it has come to dating. From the pot head to the guy with the baby mama drama, from the dope boy to the church boy it has been something else. Then I've encountered the playas with no jobs, cars, ambitions or goals. At first, I thought maybe my preferences were too high; handsome guy who loves God, with a good job, car of his own, place of  his own, handling his business and financially stable. Well educated, well dressed, respectable and a gentleman with just a touch of a bad side to keep things interesting. Then I had to slap myself; standards too high, asking too much??? What woman wants a guy who is an ass, can't/won't provide for himself or others, looks like a bum and is rude as hell? So with that being said, where are all the proverbial good guys? You always hear men talking about what a good catch they are, but when it's time to go fishing they've all disappeared! Is it really asking too much for a decent guy who is on the same page as myself or at least is working towards like minded goals? Call me stuck up if you want, but I will not settle for a man with a mouth full of gold teeth, can't spell his way out of some alphabet soup, thinks dressing up is a fresh white tee, and is content to smoke, hustle and live at his mama's house. Nor do I care to date a man with multiple children/baby mamas, no job and no ambitions. If you feel that I require  too much of what every man/woman should want and demand in a potential mate, let me stop my bus and let you off. If I expect certain things of myself, why wouldn't I expect the same of someone that I'm dating? I can take care of myself and handle my own, so no I'm not looking for a  handout, so please save all that  mess for someone else. And I can just hear some hit dogs hollering saying that I'm asking too much and I need to be realistic. Whatever, you're just content for settling for too little, and for me, that is not an option. I've been there, done that, bought the shirt and the shot glass and that is not where I want to be. With that being said, Augusta, stop hiding all your good men, I and my fellow good women want to know where you are at!!

No comments:

Post a Comment