BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Church Folk Are the Worst Folk

Remember I said one time that church folk are the worst folk? Well honey, I'm saying it loud, proud and all up through there!! Church folk are giving the true meaning of being a Christian a bad name. See, I'm real about mine; I tell everyone one I'm a saint in progress, but this good girl has gone bad and doesn't want to come home just yet. But the thing is, I'm trying. Yeah, I drink, hunch, curse and act a plain heathen from time to time, but I am not trying to hide it, never have, never will. Now don't get me wrong, I used to be one of those Bible thumping, tongue talking, quoting hell fire every time you saw me until I realized how truly detrimental that was to me as a Christian going through the motions and to my friends who I thought I was helping by judging them. I have seen hypocrisy at it's worst and in my own home. And let me tell you, that isn't a good look and it does nothing but cause the sinner to shake their head and choose to stay home rather than come out and experience the true anointing and spiritual blessings God can offer. Like really, I've been told that if I'm going to do my dirt, don't do it close to home because some people wouldn't understand...Umm really, like are you serious? Negro please, I'm doing my dirt at home, on my street, in my bed, shoot on my couch if I want to, because all hiding it does is make it worse and you look like a bigger fool once the truth comes out. Like seriously, claiming celibacy while you jumping all up and down on the dick and then looking hella crazy when you come up pregnant; yeah celibacy doesn't have loopholes or days off. And do you really think it makes you look holier to sneak out late at night to the club you think no one will see you at and slow grind with your girl? Like if she's sucking your dick out of town it's ok and no one knows? And lusting behind closed doors on internet pages is still lusting homeboi, and y'all kill me preaching against homosexuality when the choir director has more sweet in him than the boy performing in drag every week. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying go out and sin and brag about it, I'm saying if you mess up, fess up, talk with Jesus and keep it moving and strive to do better; stop sneaking around sinning so you can point your finger on Sunday at the girl whose hair smells like a Black and Mild or look down on the guy who just lit a joint on the  way to church. Being a sinner doesn't make you a bad person, and being a good ol' church folk member doesn't make you a saint. I really think that the "sinner" would have more respect for Christians if the church folk were less focused on hiding their dirt, and more focused on actually being saved according to what God said, not man. Just a thought, but you wouldn't have to hide your dirt if you weren't so busy trying to get dirty.
Every sinner has a future, and every saint has a past; some of y'all need to remember that...

No comments:

Post a Comment